One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Natural food that is thought to have health-giving qualities.
- ‘The next several days passed in a blur of meditation and health food and talk.’
- ‘A ‘doorstep’ of moist, succulent wholemeal bread is considered the ultimate health food.’
- ‘That last remark brought to mind a time when Hannah cleared out my whole fridge and filled it with health food.’
- ‘The drugs were stashed inside a package of health food addressed to a prisoner in Frankland Prison, County Durham.’
- ‘In reality, this is a gorgeous dessert masquerading as health food.’
- ‘The makers of this particular brand of health food created a series of similar advertisements.’
- ‘I failed miserably at getting my husband, who at the best of times is not a fan of health food, to order anything beyond his hummus.’
- ‘Well, there is the tree and cardboard school of health food, which all of us are familiar with.’
- ‘The food here is good, but the canteen is really bad: health food and stuff like that.’
- ‘Using Chinese herbal medicine as food supplements or health food is very popular.’
- ‘Big Food has had to find more tricks to transform the humble soy bean into a seductive health food.’
- ‘The idea that chocolate could be health food seems too good to be true.’
- ‘We went back a couple of more times, but we soon realized we were coming back with more junk than health food.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.