One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Natural food that is thought to have health-giving qualities.
- ‘The drugs were stashed inside a package of health food addressed to a prisoner in Frankland Prison, County Durham.’
- ‘Using Chinese herbal medicine as food supplements or health food is very popular.’
- ‘The idea that chocolate could be health food seems too good to be true.’
- ‘The makers of this particular brand of health food created a series of similar advertisements.’
- ‘We went back a couple of more times, but we soon realized we were coming back with more junk than health food.’
- ‘In reality, this is a gorgeous dessert masquerading as health food.’
- ‘A ‘doorstep’ of moist, succulent wholemeal bread is considered the ultimate health food.’
- ‘I failed miserably at getting my husband, who at the best of times is not a fan of health food, to order anything beyond his hummus.’
- ‘That last remark brought to mind a time when Hannah cleared out my whole fridge and filled it with health food.’
- ‘The next several days passed in a blur of meditation and health food and talk.’
- ‘The food here is good, but the canteen is really bad: health food and stuff like that.’
- ‘Big Food has had to find more tricks to transform the humble soy bean into a seductive health food.’
- ‘Well, there is the tree and cardboard school of health food, which all of us are familiar with.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.