One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A residential establishment where people seek improved health by a regimen of dieting, exercise, and treatment.
- ‘They had visited a health farm together and Bruno knew Francis was under pressure.’
- ‘Once busy celebs went to health farms to straighten out; now they just buy their own farms instead.’
- ‘Apparently this was a health farm for only handsome men.’
- ‘This beautiful Georgian health farm is set on a 50-acre deer farm on the shores of Galway Bay.’
- ‘Sessions will cover growing vegetables, fruits and herbs, making yogurt and soft cheeses, baking and preserving, plus an introduction to yoga and relaxing techniques at a local health farm.’
- ‘I visit a health farm every now and then to recuperate and keep to 1,000 calories a day.’
- ‘All the staff at the health farm took care of the women in a very professional manner and were extremely pleasant.’
- ‘Tourists come from around Europe to enjoy the health farms and beauty treatments.’
- ‘He has been staying in a health farm for the last couple of years.’
- ‘The idyllic pastoral setting with fine woodland walks, plus the potential for boating and fishing, would also make it an ideal location for a small hotel or a health farm.’
- ‘Visitors to the health farm can avail of treatments such as an aromatherapy and Swedish massage, a detox body wrap, a seaweed wrap, aqua detox, an ozone bath, a facial or a pedicure.’
- ‘One night, weary of the ‘balanced diet’ of the health farm, we slipped out to Frank's favourite Thai restaurant in nearby Berkhamsted.’
- ‘You can choose a range of sporting experiences, days out as a ‘film star’, TV presenter or in a recording studio, or else simply pamper yourself silly with a day at a health farm or spa.’
- ‘A lady in expensive clothes walked in behind me with six suitcases as if she was checking into a health farm for a week of pampering.’
- ‘In future I think fourteen stone should be the point where I book myself into a health farm and have my jaw wired.’
- ‘But the couple, known for their well publicised drinking binges and partying, recently checked into a health farm, to emerge looking fitter, slimmer and healthier all round.’
- ‘We trained at one of the best health farms in the district, had a great meal, and were back home at 3pm with orders to rest.’
- ‘In the second half of the film, Carol seeks treatment at a Californian health farm which is horribly cultish and manipulative.’
- ‘I'd spent my career in the catering industry and by 2002 I was running the front-of-house for a health farm in Berkshire.’
- ‘Like most red-blooded males, I used to take a fairly cautious (okay, an occasionally disparaging) view of spas and health farms in general.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.