One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A building or establishment housing local medical services or the practice of a group of doctors.
- ‘At the weekly baby weigh-in clinic at my local health centre, new mothers sit round in a circle on plastic chairs.’
- ‘If you suspect a child is being abused, ask a doctor or community health center how to report your concerns.’
- ‘His creations in wood raised much money for the building of a health centre in St Mary's.’
- ‘The general practitioners in my health centre, however, were willing to learn.’
- ‘I practise from a modern health centre in a partnership of four doctors and almost 7000 patients.’
- ‘Your community may offer support groups at a local hospital or mental health center.’
- ‘Reported figures only account for girls who attended prenatal clinic at the health centre.’
- ‘Every district of 2 million has clinics, a primary health center, and a hospital.’
- ‘He practices developmental-behavioral pediatrics in a community health center in Boulder, Colo.’
- ‘He became the senior partner at one of the practices in the health centre and retired in 1991.’
- ‘A determining factor for the size of your health center is accessibility of medical care in the surrounding community.’
- ‘These programs are often held at a local hospital or health center.’
- ‘Another appointment is granted by our local health centre and I want the doctor to see how ill he is.’
- ‘Persons with symptoms of TB might go first for evaluation and care to a community health center.’
- ‘Today he runs two clinics - in a private practice and in a community health center for indigent patients - where he works with primary-care physicians.’
- ‘Under the application, there would be a new community hospital, health centre and ambulance station.’
- ‘Does your camp require that staff who are eighteen and older store their prescription medications in the health center?’
- ‘He had been to a neighborhood health center, but they had to send away for his medications through the Patient Assistance Program, which could take four to six weeks, and he was in immediate need.’
- ‘She spent one summer helping out at a remote village clinic in Mexico and another summer working at a health center in Guatemala.’
- ‘He slowly tried to change things and there is now a magnificent health centre manned by 10 doctors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.