Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A building or establishment housing local medical services or the practice of a group of doctors.
- ‘He became the senior partner at one of the practices in the health centre and retired in 1991.’
- ‘He slowly tried to change things and there is now a magnificent health centre manned by 10 doctors.’
- ‘Your community may offer support groups at a local hospital or mental health center.’
- ‘He had been to a neighborhood health center, but they had to send away for his medications through the Patient Assistance Program, which could take four to six weeks, and he was in immediate need.’
- ‘The general practitioners in my health centre, however, were willing to learn.’
- ‘Today he runs two clinics - in a private practice and in a community health center for indigent patients - where he works with primary-care physicians.’
- ‘Another appointment is granted by our local health centre and I want the doctor to see how ill he is.’
- ‘Reported figures only account for girls who attended prenatal clinic at the health centre.’
- ‘Persons with symptoms of TB might go first for evaluation and care to a community health center.’
- ‘If you suspect a child is being abused, ask a doctor or community health center how to report your concerns.’
- ‘A determining factor for the size of your health center is accessibility of medical care in the surrounding community.’
- ‘At the weekly baby weigh-in clinic at my local health centre, new mothers sit round in a circle on plastic chairs.’
- ‘Does your camp require that staff who are eighteen and older store their prescription medications in the health center?’
- ‘She spent one summer helping out at a remote village clinic in Mexico and another summer working at a health center in Guatemala.’
- ‘His creations in wood raised much money for the building of a health centre in St Mary's.’
- ‘Every district of 2 million has clinics, a primary health center, and a hospital.’
- ‘He practices developmental-behavioral pediatrics in a community health center in Boulder, Colo.’
- ‘Under the application, there would be a new community hospital, health centre and ambulance station.’
- ‘I practise from a modern health centre in a partnership of four doctors and almost 7000 patients.’
- ‘These programs are often held at a local hospital or health center.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.