One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Regulations and procedures intended to prevent accident or injury in workplaces or public environments.
- ‘Each school and college will have its own health and safety management structure which will be explained to you at your induction.’
- ‘As well as being a health and safety consideration for fishermen who are pushed to the limits of their own boats, the issue of conservation arises when boats are decommissioned.’
- ‘Mary Darlington is a specialist in health and safety.’
- ‘The TGWU is concerned the new scheme may force drivers to cut corners on health and safety to earn a living wage. "’
- ‘To get details about installations and health and safety, call this number.’
- ‘All combustion products from these fireplaces are simply venting into the rooms where the units are installed, and this poses two distinct and significant health and safety issues.’
- ‘The doors of a special school near Hull are to remain shut at the beginning of the new term on Tuesday - because of " health and safety problems ".’
- ‘Inform yourself about health and safety by attending these safety events.’
- ‘The church has been without a hall for several years after the last one became so dilapidated it had to be closed on health and safety grounds.’
- ‘But the council called and said they would have to assess our house for health and safety.’
- ‘The legislation safeguards the human rights of sex workers and promotes their health and safety.’
- ‘The Directive covers all personal protective equipment (PPE), including clothing, and it lists certain basic health and safety requirements that protective clothing must meet.’
- ‘U.F.C.W.U. bylaws give the President of the Local virtually unfettered authority to change work rules, attendance requirements and issues involving health and safety.’
- ‘She added that the necessary health and safety strategy should be in place by next month.’
- ‘Currently the toilet block is out of bounds to them because of the great risk to their health and safety because of repeated vandalism attacks over the years.’
- ‘The town council said the early testing of the lights was necessary to meet health and safety regulations.’
- ‘Last week the Metropolitan Police were convicted at the Old Bailey of breaches of health and safety relating to the shooting.’
- ‘Drivers are expected to assign seats to provide "maximum health and safety" for passengers.’
- ‘I welcome changes to the country's laws on health and safety.’
- ‘Jarvis was exposed again this week over health and safety when an undercover reporter got work after only six hours training from the company.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.