One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of food) promoting good health and physical well-being.‘the health-giving properties of porridge’‘tea contains a range of health-giving nutrients’
- ‘He has drawn up a strict SATs timetable, with scheduled breaks and a health-giving snack every forty minutes for optimum brain performance.’
- ‘Throughout the years of teaching Bill kept developing his own painting in a way that was health-giving to him.’
- ‘All diets work better when they are structured; and the use of lifestyle strategies and health-giving dietary supplements can help to structure them.’
- ‘In addition to the pedagogical value of physical exercise, humanists took an interest in its health-giving benefits.’
- ‘The use of these portieres was started with one purpose in mind: to bring the health-giving odors of eucalyptus right into the home.’
- ‘The produce, including such delicacies as the the health-giving Quinoa grain, are sourced locally and are mainly organic.’
- ‘Man has been touting the health-giving benefits of garlic for thousands of years.’
- ‘Recently, I have noticed a crop of adverts on the telly touting the health-giving properties of breakfast cereals.’
- ‘The third letter was postmarked Cheltenham, a popular town with a Spa of health-giving waters.’
- ‘I do not know why Mum persists in giving it health-giving vegetables.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.