One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A horizontal rail at the top of something.
- ‘As you cut the headrail you may want to bend the cut portion out of the way with pliers or a screw driver.’
- ‘If you have a blind with a 2' tall headrail and a wand titler, this is the first one to check out.’
- ‘On our headrails, the louvres are always equally spaced for the very neatest of finishes.’
- ‘The cat uncoiled, stretched in a long, luxurious arch, and Kieran's gaze followed as it disappeared over the headrail of the bed.’
- ‘This curved lip at the sidewall ends is a characteristic of all headrails formed by the extrusion process from raw aluminum.’
- ‘They also are superior in strength to the lighter weight aluminum headrails frequently sold today.’
- ‘Solid Ash headrails and bottomrails are supplied natural on natural weaves or coloured to match coloured weaves.’
- ‘This keeps costs down for you if your headrails are still in perfect condition.’
- ‘All control cords and headrails are colour co-ordinated.’
- ‘The Deluxe headrail is a white aluminum with a choice of color coordinated fabric inserts.’
- ‘If you would like more information about our curved headrails and how they could benefit you please feel free to contact us.’
- ‘In addition, many of the products available on the market today come with sleek-looking headrails and other attractive features that make them a perfect product for a homeowner looking to block out light and gain privacy.’
- ‘Cleaning the fabric covered headrail is similar to cleaning the fabric on the rest of the shading.’
- ‘Options that are provided with the real wood blinds include fabric tapes, no holes or de-light feature, motorization, two on one headrails and three on one headrails.’
- ‘The newly designed aluminium headrail promotes strength and design to the children's washroom range.’
- ‘It provides an easily fitted and efficient method of light control and millions of these headrails are fitted throughout the world.’
- ‘Continue to push the headrail upwards until the projecting lugs lock firmly into the headrail.’
- ‘To complete the installation, attach the headrail to the installation brackets by tightening the wing nuts.’
- ‘The headrails are suitable for use on 12 mm + panels and can be finished to match all other cubicle fittings.’
- ‘Centrally located carrier stems make the headrails reversible for right or left installation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.