One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A horizontal rail at the top of something.
- ‘As you cut the headrail you may want to bend the cut portion out of the way with pliers or a screw driver.’
- ‘Continue to push the headrail upwards until the projecting lugs lock firmly into the headrail.’
- ‘If you would like more information about our curved headrails and how they could benefit you please feel free to contact us.’
- ‘The headrails are suitable for use on 12 mm + panels and can be finished to match all other cubicle fittings.’
- ‘On our headrails, the louvres are always equally spaced for the very neatest of finishes.’
- ‘Options that are provided with the real wood blinds include fabric tapes, no holes or de-light feature, motorization, two on one headrails and three on one headrails.’
- ‘In addition, many of the products available on the market today come with sleek-looking headrails and other attractive features that make them a perfect product for a homeowner looking to block out light and gain privacy.’
- ‘Cleaning the fabric covered headrail is similar to cleaning the fabric on the rest of the shading.’
- ‘They also are superior in strength to the lighter weight aluminum headrails frequently sold today.’
- ‘Centrally located carrier stems make the headrails reversible for right or left installation.’
- ‘It provides an easily fitted and efficient method of light control and millions of these headrails are fitted throughout the world.’
- ‘The newly designed aluminium headrail promotes strength and design to the children's washroom range.’
- ‘The cat uncoiled, stretched in a long, luxurious arch, and Kieran's gaze followed as it disappeared over the headrail of the bed.’
- ‘The Deluxe headrail is a white aluminum with a choice of color coordinated fabric inserts.’
- ‘All control cords and headrails are colour co-ordinated.’
- ‘If you have a blind with a 2' tall headrail and a wand titler, this is the first one to check out.’
- ‘This curved lip at the sidewall ends is a characteristic of all headrails formed by the extrusion process from raw aluminum.’
- ‘This keeps costs down for you if your headrails are still in perfect condition.’
- ‘To complete the installation, attach the headrail to the installation brackets by tightening the wing nuts.’
- ‘Solid Ash headrails and bottomrails are supplied natural on natural weaves or coloured to match coloured weaves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.