One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- North American term for brawn (sense 2)
- ‘I have to admit, I don't exactly know what headcheese is.’
- ‘My grandpa loved smoked fish and other delicacies, so when he arrived in town we would head to the local fish and seafood store for smoked fish of all imaginable varieties, along with headcheese and other exotic goodies.’
- ‘In one telling scene, a middle-aged hausfrau pummels a fireman when he finds a stolen headcheese in her purse.’
- ‘Such an overwhelming slime pit of sagas would normally infect and ferment your average low budget B-movie, rendering it as unappetizing as moldy headcheese.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.