One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Delay or vacillation may have unfortunate or disastrous consequences.
- ‘One of my favourite pieces was a beautiful still life by Kathleen Whelan, and whoever said ‘he who hesitates is lost’, definitely got it right.’
- ‘Should Laois County Council be victorious in its bid to secure the international department store in Graiguecullen it would surely be a lesson to Carlow local authorities that he who hesitates is lost.’
- ‘I repeat silently to myself, he who hesitates is lost, then, I hang up.’
- ‘As Simon noted, of course ‘you should look before you leap,’ but it is also true that ‘he who hesitates is lost.’’
- ‘On the Internet Napster and MP3.com have so eloquently proven that he who hesitates is lost even in face of substantive adverse legal findings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.