One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A round brown hard-shelled nut that is the edible fruit of the hazel.
- ‘Sprinkle on toasted and chopped hazelnuts or walnuts.’
- ‘There were almonds, peanuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans and Brazil nuts.’
- ‘In a small bowl, combine hazelnuts and brown sugar and set aside.’
- ‘Sunflower seeds, almonds and hazelnuts are rich sources of vitamin E.’
- ‘I like a mix of flaked almonds, chopped almonds and hazelnuts.’
- ‘All along the top of the cake were five hazelnuts.’
- ‘Unroasted nuts such as almonds, cashews, pecans, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts and walnuts make an ideal snack food.’
- ‘When they're roasted, hazelnuts are the best nuts by far!’
- ‘You could also use hazelnuts, Brazils, cashews and pecans.’
- ‘Prepare the hazelnuts by roasting in the oven until brown.’
- ‘We plucked fresh figs, apples, plums and hazelnuts from trees heavy with crops.’
- ‘We gathered acorns and hazelnuts and beechnuts in the woods.’
- ‘The loaf is hot and soft, and smells of almonds and hazelnuts and nutmeg.’
- ‘Thankfully for me I love cashews, hazelnuts, almonds and pistachios.’
- ‘Nuts especially high in vitamin E include almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, and pecans.’
- ‘The hazelnuts in their shells that appear from autumn through to winter make us appreciate that food in season is always best.’
- ‘There didn't seem to be any good reason to use pistachio here; other nuts, such as almonds or hazelnuts, would probably do.’
- ‘Dukkah is an Egyptian spice mix that includes roasted hazelnuts, cumin, coriander and sesame seeds.’
- ‘Her skin is a luminous hazelnut brown and has a leathery texture.’
- ‘When the hazelnuts have completely cooled, break each one apart.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.