One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ride taken for pleasure in a wagon carrying hay.
- ‘They were breezy, colorful skirts redolent of Woodstock, midnight hayrides and prom nights.’
- ‘One afternoon, the same October, we took hayrides on the mule-carts of my grandfather's serfs.’
- ‘Mom usually chooses the farm based on which has the best trees and plenty of extras, like tire swings or hayrides.’
- ‘Next Sunday is the family hayride and bonfire at the Fowlers’.’
- ‘The sounds range from bubbly hayride ditties to slight rustic tunes and lonelyheart jazz.’
- ‘The orchards are hosting farm tours that include educational opportunities with hayrides, pick your own apples, and other farm activities.’
- ‘A free hayride farm tour was a part of the day, and 1,800 people took a ride.’
- ‘He was invited to help with the annual Halloween festival in North Carolina by standing in the woods and making scary noises when children went past on a hayride.’
- ‘He has taken sick kids to a horse show for riding lessons, in a limo to get pizza and on a hayride.’
- ‘Nothing beats a spooky hayride - and it is nearing Halloween, after all.’
- ‘Outside the store sat a giant tractor connected to several large trailers, which provided hayrides for kids.’
- ‘Maybe they should have a little log cabin, a hayride at Halloween, or Christmas scenery.’
- ‘Forest Park is the pride of St. Louis and offers everything from hayrides to ice-skating.’
- ‘You glance over at your calendar, and you've got a hayride Friday night, your cousin's Saturday afternoon wedding and your big birthday bash on Sunday.’
- ‘For children, an October visit to the farm features barnyard animals, hayrides, a Halloween house, and a barn full of pumpkins.’
- ‘After our first dinner together, we take a hayride and tour camp.’
- ‘A few of the highlights are the corn maze, pumpkin patch and hayrides.’
- ‘In addition to evenings filled with hayrides, games, and camp stories and songs, students and their teachers listened to stories about Pennsylvania stations on the Underground Railroad.’
- ‘It was out of selfishness that I invited you to go with me on that sightseeing trip and to the hayride.’
- ‘Weekends are even more spectacular, with hayrides, strolling musicians, and pony rides.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.