One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All of that newfound hawkishness in Boston surely sounded odd to many of the decidedly anti-war delegates.’
- ‘He has demonstrated by his hawkishness on Kosovo and Afghanistan that he is willing to use force to defend American ideas and interests.’
- ‘Her school is conservative, but hardly unique in its hawkishness.’
- ‘My point, though, was not to suggest that hawkishness is always wrong.’
- ‘I was at the peak of my hawkishness about the cold war, and that was the perspective from which I was teaching.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.