One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small tropical eagle with broad wings and a long tail, and typically a crest.
Genera Spizaetus and Spizastur, family Accipitridae: several species
- ‘Often one hawk eagle will perch on the ‘perimeter’ some 200m from the nest.’
- ‘Each spring, plants begin to bud and birds of prey such as golden eagles and mountain hawk eagles are propagating.’
- ‘Black hawk eagles are black overall in color, but have a bushy crest with white feathers.’
- ‘Most mountain hawk eagle lay three eggs, and defend the young throughout the development into adults.’
- ‘Hodgson's hawk eagles and golden eagles are used for hunting bigger birds, rabbits, or even young deer.’
- ‘In their book they write that the hawk eagles are fond of visiting open forest areas.’
- ‘My dream trip is night hawk-hunting for spring hare with African hawk eagles in Zimbabwe.’
- ‘A total of 135 passengers were reportedly aboard an EVA Airways flight from Bangkok to Vienna the night of Oct. 17 with the Thai man who carried two mountain hawk eagles in his hand luggage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.