One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In spite of that; nevertheless.‘that was tough but, having said that, I think it's taught us all a lesson’
- ‘Having said that, however, I would urge you to be yourself, and never modify your behavior, your values or your decisions in an attempt to impress the boss.’
- ‘Having said that, demand continues to be strong for apartments which are realistically priced and which are located in well run developments.’
- ‘Obviously with sport parachuting there is a risk, having said that, for a novice to be killed is very unusual.’
- ‘The brakes were adequate rather than inspiring but having said that I didn't really get a chance to warm them up properly.’
- ‘The mixed vegetable was bland—though, having said that, Julian thought the same dish was perfectly acceptable and well above average.’
- ‘The brakes were adequate but having said that I didn't really get a chance to warm them up properly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.