Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘If you haven't worked out exactly what this film will be like by now, there's no hope for you.’
- ‘Why the men haven't been rolling up their sleeves and doing their bit is not entirely clear.’
- ‘We haven't reached the limits of human performance in sport or in any other field.’
- ‘The band haven't finished the album but they know how I want to finish certain songs.’
- ‘Their beaming faces give the impression that they haven't got a care in the world.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.