One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have the necessary qualities for success.‘for those who have what it takes, early responsibility will bring job satisfaction’
- ‘But he is confident he has what it takes to be a successful manager and it will be in the track suit on the training ground where he will make his biggest impact.’
- ‘Does he have what it takes to get out there and create the conflict and controversy that are part and parcel of talk shows?’
- ‘If you guessed ‘towel,’ then you may have what it takes to be a quiz team member.’
- ‘They seem to have what it takes to be successful, it will be interesting to see if and how they develop.’
- ‘If they play as well as I know they are capable of playing then Tallow have what it takes to survive.’
- ‘The inference was that they simply did not have what it takes.’
- ‘Thank you for having what it takes to run such an article.’
- ‘This term will include the achievements of women, that is they are successful and have what it takes to make it in the modern world today.’
- ‘But do politicians have what it takes to succeed in the cutthroat world of blogging?’
- ‘We have what it takes - it just needs leadership and a change of Council.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.