One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be clumsy or awkward.‘if you stumble when you dance, you've got two left feet’
- ‘And there are dozens of dance schools that guarantee they will turn you into a performer, even if you have two left feet.’
- ‘Well I gave it a try and quickly discovered that I had two left feet and my dreams went up in smoke.’
- ‘The choreography was all worked out and the dancers had learned their steps, but poor David has two left feet and is tone deaf.’
- ‘His instructor had claimed with frustration that he had two left feet and Roman couldn't agree more.’
- ‘Maybe you've realized you have two left feet, skewed rhythm and zero coordination.’
- ‘I have two left feet when it comes to doing dance moves.’
- ‘Are today's celebrities fleet of foot or do they have two left feet?’
- ‘Joe was right; Hoss had two left feet when it came to the waltz.’
- ‘If she loves to dance but you have two left feet, visit a dance lesson several times and learn how.’
- ‘She is wrinkled, she is overweight, and she still has two left feet when it comes to dancing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.