One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be excessively proud of oneself.‘she dressed me up fit to kill and I must confess I had a few tickets on myself as I walked’
- ‘Here's a star centre who, unlike many in the Auckland and Canterbury teams, doesn't have tickets on himself.’
- ‘Mariah, you might have noticed, has tickets on herself.’
- ‘Some people have tickets on themselves; other people just sniff and say ‘if you need to ask, you couldn't afford me.’’
- ‘Oooh, he certainly has tickets on himself, doesn't he?’
- ‘His girlfriend has married his brother, the affable local copper (Andrew S Gilbert), and everyone is suspicious about why the bloke who always had tickets on himself is back.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.