One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have achieved something notable.‘he has 65 Tournament wins to his credit’
- ‘He has many books to his credit and we are all looking forward to his latest.’
- ‘The two lads have many successful recordings to their credit.’
- ‘She has many short stories to her credit and had plans for a second book.’
- ‘He was an active member of the badminton club and had many trophies to his credit.’
- ‘Though young, he has many achievements to his credit.’
- ‘What adds to his versatility is the fact that he has several publications to his credit, including school and college course books and newspaper articles.’
- ‘But a dwindling band of reform-minded supporters say the prime minister does have some successes to his credit.’
- ‘He has a gold medal to his credit in the same season.’
- ‘In his lifetime, he had several books to his credit.’
- ‘John Lloyd was engaged to build the church to a design by architect Benjamin Ferrey who had several churches to his credit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.