One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have short periods that are better or more impressive than others.‘the LP may not be the best album of the year, but it has its moments’
- ‘Newcastle did have their moments, but Sullivan's strong left arm kept Wimbledon in the game.’
- ‘I'm not that great at pool, but I do have my moments - and I especially love taking down the arrogant ones.’
- ‘That said, the Bond movies do have their moments.’
- ‘There are others who will have their moments, but when you look at the strength these guys have on the bench, you realise that they are in a different league.’
- ‘The orchestral covers from Porgy and Bess are slightly less inspired, but have their moments.’
- ‘The rest of the acting is more mixed, though each has his moments.’
- ‘Nietzsche certainly has his moments, as does Schopenhauer, but these are glimmers of mordancy compared to Kierkegaard's determined flippancy.’
- ‘Overall, it was a most enjoyable game that saw both sides having their moments but, although Ballyduff came close, Desmonds just about deserved their win.’
- ‘To these untrained eyes he easily put Pele into the shade, though Pele did have his moments.’
- ‘Everyone on the show has their moments in my opinion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.