One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have no right to do something.‘he had no business tampering with social services’
- ‘They fail to discourage behaviour which harms others while getting more and more involved in trying to control private behaviour where they have no business to interfere.’
- ‘There are those who say that religionists have no business in politics.’
- ‘In fact, Congress has specifically said that federal courts have no business in probate issues.’
- ‘I think Trudeau's philosophy of the government having no business in the bedrooms of this nation isn't such a bad idea.’
- ‘If some people eat meat, animal lovers have no business to object.’
- ‘I have no business with anything that is in a customer's pocket.’
- ‘Children whose parents are still alive should have no business on the streets.’
- ‘There are certain areas where courts and bureaucrats have no business.’
- ‘The Supreme Court reaffirmed its position that corporations have no business in our elections trying to influence our vote.’
- ‘Since these auto parts makers rely so heavily on such a small number of companies to sell to, they have no business but to actively involve in cutting their own throats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.