One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have no right to do something.‘he had no business tampering with social services’
- ‘If some people eat meat, animal lovers have no business to object.’
- ‘There are certain areas where courts and bureaucrats have no business.’
- ‘In fact, Congress has specifically said that federal courts have no business in probate issues.’
- ‘There are those who say that religionists have no business in politics.’
- ‘They fail to discourage behaviour which harms others while getting more and more involved in trying to control private behaviour where they have no business to interfere.’
- ‘Children whose parents are still alive should have no business on the streets.’
- ‘I think Trudeau's philosophy of the government having no business in the bedrooms of this nation isn't such a bad idea.’
- ‘Since these auto parts makers rely so heavily on such a small number of companies to sell to, they have no business but to actively involve in cutting their own throats.’
- ‘The Supreme Court reaffirmed its position that corporations have no business in our elections trying to influence our vote.’
- ‘I have no business with anything that is in a customer's pocket.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.