One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have occasionally in the past done something.‘the fans have been known to rain bottles, cans, and seats on players who displease them’
- ‘They feed on smaller birds and rodents but have been known to go for cats and small dogs as well.’
- ‘What I managed to avoid doing was panic and start talking really fast as I have been known to do in the past.’
- ‘Don't get me wrong I love a good drink and am a social smoker and in the past have been known to smoke cannabis.’
- ‘They can be quite vicious and have been known to attack humans if threatened.’
- ‘Even I have been known to go to the fair (though usually I have to be dragged there by someone).’
- ‘I generally wear comfortable clothes for DJ-ing, although I have been known to turn up for gigs in a suit.’
- ‘In terms of exercise, I do a lot of walking and have been known to go for a run.’
- ‘I like puzzles and have been known to buy the occasional puzzle magazine.’
- ‘She has been known to make the occasional left-wing statement, and is cosy with Bill Clinton.’
- ‘Even the best of our past leaders have been known to falter on this very question.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.