One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have a strong liking for.‘I think he has a bit of a thing for you’
phobia, fear, horror, terrorpenchant for, preference for, taste for, inclination for, partiality for, predilection for, soft spot for, weakness for, fancy for, fondness for, liking for, love for, passion forView synonyms
- ‘She's the young hotshot of the woman's tennis circuit and she seems to have a thing for Peter.’
- ‘Dana had a thing for chocolate - or candy in general.’
- ‘He was a little miffed at Trevor's comment about him having a thing for Susie.’
- ‘I think he has a bit of a thing for you.’
- ‘He has a thing for annoying me though.’
- ‘When we last left our heroes, Rachel had just found out that Ross has long had a thing for her.’
- ‘She and I have a thing for the movies and never miss the opening night of anything.’
- ‘People will think I really do have a thing for meteorites.’
- ‘He's talk, dark and handsome and has a thing for British beauties.’
- ‘She apparently had a thing for smart guys.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.