One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have much progress to make before accomplishing a goal.‘they have a long way to go before they can become a serious threat’
- ‘The culture still has a long way to go in accepting unmanned technology.’
- ‘The market has a long way to go in promoting subscription models.’
- ‘This is one company I am totally keen on getting a job at but I know I have a long way to go.’
- ‘He has a long way to go if he wishes to finish ahead of the defending champion.’
- ‘This team still has a long way to go before it contends for anything.’
- ‘She has a long way to go before collecting every species because there are 350,000 different kinds of beetle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.