One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have much progress to make before accomplishing a goal.‘they have a long way to go before they can become a serious threat’
- ‘He has a long way to go if he wishes to finish ahead of the defending champion.’
- ‘The market has a long way to go in promoting subscription models.’
- ‘This team still has a long way to go before it contends for anything.’
- ‘She has a long way to go before collecting every species because there are 350,000 different kinds of beetle.’
- ‘This is one company I am totally keen on getting a job at but I know I have a long way to go.’
- ‘The culture still has a long way to go in accepting unmanned technology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.