One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a person who bravely intervenes in an attempt to thwart a criminal.‘the have-a-go hero ran across the road and confronted the thief’
- ‘The have-a-go hero ran out through an emergency exit and tried to stop the men getting away.’
- ‘A judge awarded a have-a-go hero £500 to thank him for rugby tackling a drug-crazed mugger.’
- ‘A burglar was captured by a have-a-go hero as he tried to rifle a Bradford pub early today.’
- ‘A have-a-go hero is recovering after being injured while trying to stop thieves escaping from a golf club.’
- ‘Police are trying to trace a have-a-go hero who foiled a machete wielding robber at a petrol station.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.