One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mild, semi-soft Danish cheese with small irregular holes.
- ‘Creamy cones of havarti strike a balance with these salt-and-vinegar stars.’
- ‘Havarti was created in the 19th century by cheese maker Hanne Nielsen. Havarti is available in flavors ranging from mildly sharp to strongly aromatic.’
- ‘'Another area of growth we have seen is seasoned gourmet cheeses such as dill havarti and sun-dried tomato mozzarella,’ she adds.’
- ‘The smoky, spicy, espressolike flavors of this wine from the south of France are delicious juxtaposed against the buttery creaminess of the havarti.’
- ‘We went home, and I made myself sandwich using a hot dog bun, a slice of havarti cheese and some sliced roast beef.’
Named after the farm of the Danish cheesemaker Hanne Nielsen.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.