One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The capital of Cuba, situated on the north coast; population 2,148,132 (2008). It was founded in 1515 by Diego Velázquez de Cuéllar.Spanish name La Habana
A cigar made in Cuba or from Cuban tobacco.
- ‘I look forward to the day when I can order my Havanas directly from Cuba.’
- ‘He offered me a Havana cigar which, he told me, had been especially rolled with tobacco he had purchased from the estate of the late comedian Ernie Kovacs.’
- ‘We spoke to Browne over whisky and fine Havanas at the Cigar Bar at the Park Hyatt Hotel in The Rocks.’
- ‘This is the kind of hangout James Bond might buy his Havanas in.’
- ‘The travel humidor's filled with a carefully chosen selection of Havanas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.