One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ritual burning of offerings such as grains and ghee, which is held to mark births, marriages, and other special occasions.‘I told her that you would arrange a havan and marry her with due formalities’
- ‘The Shiva-Vishnu Temple performs Gayatri havan periodically to propitiate the Lord.’
- ‘On March 5, 2000, when the 125th anniversary of the Arya Samaj was cerebrated on the island, more than 165 havans (fire rituals) were performed.’
- ‘You know Indians are cricket crazy when a village in Haryana performs a havan to ensure that India will win against Pakistan in the World Cup.’
- ‘Each day begins and ends with hatha yoga, meditation and worship at the havan, or fire ceremony.’
- ‘And they brought five Brahmins here to do a yagna or havan to ‘clean up’ the temple because we had entered the premises.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.