One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘smugglers finance their purpose through havala’another term for hawalaas modifier ‘in such a regime the havala market would vanish’
- ‘Abid in his statement to the ED admitted that he had been dealing through havala channels for over a year now.’
- ‘The fake bank draft case has allegedly turned out to be a case of a huge havala operation having international dimensions.’
- ‘For each dollar transferred out of the country, the havala traders made Rs 1.50.’
- ‘Apart from flaunting his riches, he was also fishing for new clients for his havala business.’
- ‘However, individual small transactions are teeming in the havala market and its relatives the matka market and betting rings.’
From Hindi havālā.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.