One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘smugglers finance their purpose through havala’another term for hawalaas modifier ‘in such a regime the havala market would vanish’
- ‘For each dollar transferred out of the country, the havala traders made Rs 1.50.’
- ‘Apart from flaunting his riches, he was also fishing for new clients for his havala business.’
- ‘However, individual small transactions are teeming in the havala market and its relatives the matka market and betting rings.’
- ‘Abid in his statement to the ED admitted that he had been dealing through havala channels for over a year now.’
- ‘The fake bank draft case has allegedly turned out to be a case of a huge havala operation having international dimensions.’
From Hindi havālā.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.