One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Until the 1950s, many women would go hatless in their own quartier, something they would not do if they were to go beyond its informal limits.’
- ‘The man came out of the darkness, impeccable as always in his well-styled coat - hatless this time, he noted, in spite of the wind.’
- ‘He was hatless with his hair slicked back and parted down the middle.’
- ‘It was very hot in the Brazilian sun on a hatless balding head.’
- ‘In contrast to many of the self portraits, it shows him dressed informally, tieless, hatless and with his shirt sleeves rolled up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.