One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of physical exercises and breathing control used in yoga.as modifier ‘hatha yoga exercises’
- ‘Non-nutritional therapeutic strategies included tongue cleansing, skin brushing, massage, relaxation, breathing exercises and hatha yoga to aid toxin removal, improve stress levels and flexibility.’
- ‘There are 40 types of yoga, but Americans are most familiar with hatha yoga, which focuses on poses, stretches, breathing exercises and meditation.’
- ‘According to Yoga Journal, hatha yoga emerged in the ninth century and is the foundation of the physical postures called asanas.’
- ‘If that's the case, then like most people in the United States, you're interested in hatha yoga - a style of yoga that uses physical postures and breathing exercises designed to encourage relaxation and meditation.’
- ‘I have always made it a point to convey to my students that these hatha yoga asanas (physical positions) and meditation methods spring from a vibrant, living religious tradition.’
From Sanskrit haṭha ‘force’ and yoga.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.