One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I know now that I don't have to take hatfuls of wickets to impress.’
- ‘Silsden missed a hatful of chances as Bulldogs levelled the match.’
- ‘To a large extent, Ireland were masters of their own downfall, making countless errors and conceding a hatful of penalties.’
- ‘After creating but failing to capitalise on a hatful of first-half chances Guiseley redeemed themselves with four second-half goals.’
- ‘He was about nineteen feet tall and scored hatfuls of goals as a result, all of them headers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.