One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organized series of hostile actions motivated by intense dislike or prejudice.‘the actress has become the target of a hate campaign by fans of her ex-lover’
- ‘A couple today told how they were pushed to breaking point by a vindictive neighbour who waged a 15-month hate campaign against them.’
- ‘The arson attack was the latest event in a six-month hate campaign.’
- ‘The hate campaign, which began in 1984, continues unabated.’
- ‘Police are appealing for the public's help in tracking down the person behind the hate campaign.’
- ‘The vicar has spoken of his sadness at learning of a hate campaign directed at him.’
- ‘How can they forgo their responsibility to combat hate campaigns?’
- ‘This gave him further encouragement to carry on his hate campaign.’
- ‘There is a hate campaign against me, and everything I say is wrongly interpreted.’
- ‘Police are investigating a hate campaign being waged against a primary school headteacher.’
- ‘His ongoing hate campaign all over the state helps keep the kettle on the boil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.