One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organized series of hostile actions motivated by intense dislike or prejudice.‘the actress has become the target of a hate campaign by fans of her ex-lover’
- ‘His ongoing hate campaign all over the state helps keep the kettle on the boil.’
- ‘How can they forgo their responsibility to combat hate campaigns?’
- ‘There is a hate campaign against me, and everything I say is wrongly interpreted.’
- ‘Police are investigating a hate campaign being waged against a primary school headteacher.’
- ‘The vicar has spoken of his sadness at learning of a hate campaign directed at him.’
- ‘This gave him further encouragement to carry on his hate campaign.’
- ‘A couple today told how they were pushed to breaking point by a vindictive neighbour who waged a 15-month hate campaign against them.’
- ‘The hate campaign, which began in 1984, continues unabated.’
- ‘Police are appealing for the public's help in tracking down the person behind the hate campaign.’
- ‘The arson attack was the latest event in a six-month hate campaign.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.