One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A messy or flattened appearance of the hair, produced as a result of wearing and then removing a hat.‘follow these tips and kiss frizzy hat hair goodbye’
- ‘Say buh-bye to hat hair with these simple styles to stave it off for good.’
- ‘She must have some serious hat hair hiding under there, as she's rarely been pictured without her wide-brimmed headgear recently.’
- ‘With my flattops and buzz cuts, I'm fairly immune to hat hair but I wear baseball caps practically everywhere.’
- ‘Her swept-back style has no part and loads of volume, and both help keep hat hair at bay.’
- ‘The woman in Manhattan who was wearing four hats, topped by a sombrero, was presumably willing to accept an onset of hat hair.’
- ‘I look a bit dodgy with hat hair at the moment.’
- ‘When it comes to fit, have the boyfriend beanie loose enough to not create hat hair with some extra volume at the hat's crown.’
- ‘She used her camera screen as a mirror to check for dreaded hat hair after she donned a stetson at an event in New York on Sunday.’
- ‘I look awful, my ears stick out, and then I have god-awful hat hair.’
- ‘At The Hollywood Reporter's Nominee Party, hat hair didn't scare Jared from rocking a sleek fedora.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.