One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘More commonly, over-enthusiasm comes in the form of hastiness.’
- ‘The authority in his voice was so compelling that I felt no surprise when the men obeyed immediately, lowering their weapons with the hastiness of children caught stealing sugar.’
- ‘The moment you betray irritation and hastiness in your manner towards Ramasamy, he ceases to follow you.’
- ‘The hastiness with which Congress approved the scheme, without first consulting the Salvadoran public, was met with instant criticism from various sectors.’
- ‘Regardless, he attributes the hastiness of the reviews to the nature of contemporary music.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.