One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In his effort to capture her countenance, he worked the face too hard, the pencil revolving from an oval to sharper lines that harshened her face.’
- ‘‘Caution,’ the robot said, its voice harshened by static.’
- ‘Sitting in a creaking chair opposite him was Esmeril, his tired face harshened by the deep shadows that covered it.’
- ‘The economical situation harshened, as the industry stopped and the number of tourists decreased.’
- ‘Because carbonizing harshens wool slightly - it affects the the way the wool feels - it would become necessary to add artificial softener later to correct the damage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.