One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A slender North Atlantic seal that typically has a dark harp-shaped mark on its grey back.
- ‘The harp seal and the minke whale together consume about the same amount of biomass as the Norwegian fishermen land, i.e. about 3 million tonnes.’
- ‘The curious bearded seal and harp seal birth their pups nearby ice floes or merely bask in the warmth of the midnight sun.’
- ‘These on-shore sightings may represent part of a general southward shift in the winter habitat of the harp seal noted in the early to mid 1990s in the open waters off Newfoundland and Labrador.’
- ‘In two days up to 200 fishing boats hunt harp seals found on the pack ice north of Fogo Island and off the coast of Labrador.’
- ‘Smith and his colleagues are currently in Charlottetown, watch-dogging the commercial hunt for baby harp seals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.