One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And though Maurice Gibb was the harmonizer and back-up singer, he was the Bee Gees to me.’
- ‘And this is where Menotti, master dramatist, superb orchestrator and rich harmoniser of large choruses, matches forces in the pit with those taking part rear stage to balance perfectly with the main cast centre stage.’
- ‘There's been a dearth of four-part harmonisers in pop in recent decades, unless you include The Housemartins - to whom, come to think of it, fellow North Easterners The Furtureheads also bear some visual resemblance.’
- ‘It's a great help to do this at two pianos because the sonority is always big and full, and the tempo keeps going, as opposed to the fragmentary sounds the novice harmonizer tends to produce when playing alone.’
- ‘Also look out for Ireland's finest west coast harmonisers, The Thrills and gritty US punk duo, The Kills on the evening session stage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.