Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person skilled in musical harmony.
- ‘But the team of Lennon / McCartney - as singers, songwriters, and instinctive harmonists - was the organic entity that made the Beatles.’
- ‘Someone who knows me very well might understand the special place I give to the concepts of harmonizing and being a harmonist.’
- ‘His distinction as a melodist and harmonist I don't doubt.’
- ‘However, after working as harmonist in some other films, I decided to concentrate on Carnatic music.’
- ‘Well, I mostly prefer the neoclassical composers, but occasionally one of the Eastern Greco-Romanic harmonists produces some good stuff.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.