One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person skilled in musical harmony.
- ‘However, after working as harmonist in some other films, I decided to concentrate on Carnatic music.’
- ‘Someone who knows me very well might understand the special place I give to the concepts of harmonizing and being a harmonist.’
- ‘But the team of Lennon / McCartney - as singers, songwriters, and instinctive harmonists - was the organic entity that made the Beatles.’
- ‘Well, I mostly prefer the neoclassical composers, but occasionally one of the Eastern Greco-Romanic harmonists produces some good stuff.’
- ‘His distinction as a melodist and harmonist I don't doubt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.