One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The traditional feeling of attachment to the US, characterised by a general harmoniousness since the end of the Second World War, has soured into a sceptical and even hostile attitude.’
- ‘The law began to emphasize social harmoniousness as a goal rather than use repression as a means to satisfy God's vengeance.’
- ‘Indeed harmoniousness is built into the whole concept of Cubist pictorial art as a structure of linked or overlapping planes into which everything in the picture * objects and background * is integrated.’
- ‘For Rothko the experience of beauty is ‘the experience of rightness, reflected in an ideal of proportions, and as an apperception of harmoniousness, whose recognition produces an exaltation.’’
- ‘But their lack of harmoniousness yields an ungainly charm, familiar and easy to settle into.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.