One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for simple harmonic motion
- ‘In some cases, the oscillation with the higher frequency corresponded to a harmonic motion of the lower frequency.’
- ‘Simple harmonic motion is typified by the motion of a mass on a spring when it is subject to the linear elastic restoring force given by Hooke's Law.’
- ‘The coarse-grain model was based on harmonic restraints and the essential dynamics also extracts harmonic motion from the trajectory.’
- ‘The frequency of simple harmonic motion like a mass on a spring is determined by the mass m and the stiffness of the spring expressed in terms of a spring constant k (see Hooke's Law).’
- ‘If a spring with a mass attached to it is slightly stretched or compressed and then let loose, it will oscillate in simple harmonic motion (SHM).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.