One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The task of the forensic entomologist in cases of phobia is primarily to confirm that there is an insect involved, and to reassure sufferers about the harmlessness of the insects.’
- ‘A lot of churches seem to make it their main job to assert their own harmlessness, advertising a ‘safe, accepting environment’.’
- ‘Patients admitted to Yaba found it difficult to be released from the asylum, where the staff aimed at reducing patients to harmlessness rather than nursing them to mental health.’
- ‘Interestingly, the premise that marijuana is harmless because it's just a plant could also be used to explain the harmlessness of cocaine and heroin.’
- ‘But in the buzzing reality of daily life, bees collect from hundreds of types of plants, so whatever toxins they pick up are diluted to the point of harmlessness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.