One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A form that has a soothing, healing effect is the result of a mind that is free from harmfulness and defects.’
- ‘If some members of a set differ in some important way from the others, usually in terms of their danger or harmfulness, they are put into another group.’
- ‘The present study confirmed the harmfulness of bidis in the causation of lung cancer.’
- ‘In the early 20th century the practice of spirit worship, along with a host of other religious practices, was assailed by urban intellectuals for its purported backwardness, ignorance and harmfulness.’
- ‘The fact is that cults can only be consistently defined and opposed on grounds of their harmfulness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.