One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The fact is that cults can only be consistently defined and opposed on grounds of their harmfulness.’
- ‘In the early 20th century the practice of spirit worship, along with a host of other religious practices, was assailed by urban intellectuals for its purported backwardness, ignorance and harmfulness.’
- ‘If some members of a set differ in some important way from the others, usually in terms of their danger or harmfulness, they are put into another group.’
- ‘The present study confirmed the harmfulness of bidis in the causation of lung cancer.’
- ‘A form that has a soothing, healing effect is the result of a mind that is free from harmfulness and defects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.