One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Through chastity, as opposed to adultery and harlotry, both spiritual and physical, a person refuses to be made into an instrument and vessel of pleasure.’
- ‘The first part of the essay is a story which her mother tells her about her allegedly adulterous aunt, villainized and accused of harlotry.’
- ‘There is something appealing about the combination of purity and harlotry we associate with blonde hair.’
- ‘I felt sorry for every pregnant woman I saw now and took the pill, the only regular thing in my life till harlotry began.’
- ‘Zhdanov's tirades had included his description of Anna Akhmatova as ‘a nun or a whore - or rather both a nun and a whore who combines harlotry with prayer.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.