Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An annual plant that may be sown in the open ground.
- ‘You should plant spring-flowering hardy annuals and biennials as soon as you can.’
- ‘Order spring flowering bulbs and hardy annual seeds for planting and sowing in autumn.’
- ‘For a display of early flowers next summer, hardy annuals, such as Limnanthes douglasii, can be sown now’
- ‘Autumn gives you an opportunity to plant bulbs, and also to get a head start on hardy annuals.’
- ‘Now that all threat of frost is gone, early summer is a perfect time to sow hardy annuals, such as lupines, outdoors in the garden.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.