An annual plant that may be sown in the open ground.
- ‘Order spring flowering bulbs and hardy annual seeds for planting and sowing in autumn.’
- ‘Autumn gives you an opportunity to plant bulbs, and also to get a head start on hardy annuals.’
- ‘Now that all threat of frost is gone, early summer is a perfect time to sow hardy annuals, such as lupines, outdoors in the garden.’
- ‘You should plant spring-flowering hardy annuals and biennials as soon as you can.’
- ‘For a display of early flowers next summer, hardy annuals, such as Limnanthes douglasii, can be sown now’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.