One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shop selling tools, implements, and other items used in home life and activities such as gardening.‘paint bought from the local hardware store’
- ‘I would advise always being able to access lighting and storage with stepladders that are available at most hardware stores.’
- ‘After a hard day at the hardware store, he heads to the local watering hole for a glass of milk.’
- ‘My wife and I have owned a small hardware store for 10 years.’
- ‘I've been hearing about them since I was a kid, but I've never seen them in any hardware store.’
- ‘He's a jovial chap who dreams of owning a hardware store.’
- ‘He visits a hardware store, where he buys two flat irons.’
- ‘He was dressed like the owner of a country hardware store.’
- ‘Yesterday, I bought a gallon of the stuff from my neighborhood hardware store for $10.’
- ‘Inside the hardware store stood a burly old man wearing a faded woollen jersey that advertised a brand of power drills.’
- ‘He heads to a hardware store to get seeds for planting a garden.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.