Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in bodybuilding) a person who does not find it easy to gain muscle through exercise.
- ‘Keep in mind, though, that this can be challenging for some bodytypes - especially smaller bodybuilders and hardgainers.’
- ‘Bodybuilders, especially hardgainers, need calories to grow, but supersized fries and soft drinks are among the worst food selections you can make.’
- ‘For years, bodybuilders and hardgainers have been demanding an outstanding massbuilding supplement that contains the high-quality ingredients that help produce results.’
- ‘Often, bodybuilding hardgainers get the protein message, but fail to take in all the complex carbs they need to fuel activity and help keep their muscles full of glycogen.’
- ‘The nine foods listed below are good high-carb choices that bodybuilders - especially hardgainers - can use to enhance muscle recovery and to pack on muscle mass.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.