One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Wheat of a variety having a hard grain rich in gluten.
- ‘Ethiopia has its own species of oats, and may be the original home of finger millet Barley and hard wheat are also ancient crops.’
- ‘Domesticated emmer wheat, T. dicoccum, has an AABB genome and hulled seeds; a free-threshing form (one that releases seeds during threshing) exists that is called hard wheat (T. durum).’
- ‘The darling Downs produce prime beef, fine cotton and hard wheat.’
- ‘Monopoly wheat exporter AWB Limited will supply 100,000 tonnes of hard wheat before the end of August, for bread making.’
- ‘Witness the fate of strains of corn or wheat perfected by peasants over centuries, as with Indians and hard wheat, later appropriated by Canadian farmers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.