Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The bony front part of the palate.
roof of the mouthView synonyms
- ‘The burning sensation often occurs in more than one oral site, with the anterior two thirds of the tongue, the anterior hard palate and the mucosa of the lower lip most frequently involved.’
- ‘The front part consists of a bony portion called the hard palate, with a fleshy rear part called the soft palate.’
- ‘Men have larger soft palates and longer airways (from the hard palate to the base of the epiglottis) than women, but men also have larger airway volume, which may be compensatory.’
- ‘Deglutition, the initial phase of the swallowing process, involves several striated muscles and cranial nerves, the hard palate and the larynx.’
- ‘The other tumor involved the hard palate and buccal mucosa extensively.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.