Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An error or hardware fault causing failure of a program or operating system, especially one that gives no option of recovery.
- ‘If you have a large number of hard errors on your disk, you will probably need to replace your hard drive.’
- ‘If there are bad sectors or hard errors, it is usually covered under the hard drive manufacturer's warranty.’
- ‘These defects cause soft errors where data loss is recoverable, and hard errors where data loss is irrecoverable.’
- ‘A number of times recently we've seen discussions about how to disable hard error popups in a kernel driver.’
- ‘In a preferred embodiment, the invention provides a method for determining soft and hard errors in memory.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.