Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A disk drive used to read from and write to a hard disk.
- ‘That brings me to my next point: never ever attempt to write to a hard drive that is corrupt.’
- ‘It's about to find a new purpose in the next generation of hard drives and memory.’
- ‘This means you can record to the hard drive for temporary storage or to DVDs for archiving.’
- ‘The computer will have no built-in hard drives, as storage will be available via the global network.’
- ‘Placing the cache in non-volatile Flash memory near to the hard drive solves the problem.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.